Our Service Projects

  • Operation Santa for Service Men and Women
  • Squares for Warm Up America
  • Blankets for Project Linus
  • Hats and Scarves for Turning Point Shelter, Monroe NC
  • Chemo Caps & Turbans for Presbyterian Hospital, Matthews NC
  • Premie and Newborn Caps for Presbyterian Hospital , Matthews NC
  • Scarves For Mens Homeless Shelter
  • Operation Helmet Liner

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Helmet Liners Service Project

The Mint Hill Stitch In participants are currently knitting or crocheting helmet liners. The recipients of these helmet liners will be the men and women who are serving our country. The patterns are available at the Mint Hill Branch Library located on 6840 Matthews Mint Hill Rd.
Our telephone number is 704-545-3932
The knitted instructions are available online at this site.

There is also a crochet version at this site.

All the community is encouraged to participate and help will be available.

Join us for a time of learning and service as we support our troops. We meet the second and fourth Tuesday of each month from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Knitted version of the Helmet Liner
Helmet Liner

3 comments:

Connie said...

I will be casting on my helmet liner soon to donate to your project.

Melanie said...

I've printed out the crochet instructions so I'm going to give it a shot! Not sure I'm up to do something this complicated but I can do scarves. :)

Melanie said...

No, I don't live in Afghanistan. I'm a fellow PLCMC employee. :)