Our Service Projects

  • Operation Santa for Service Men and Women
  • Squares for Warm Up America
  • Blankets for Project Linus
  • Hats and Scarves for Turning Point Shelter, Monroe NC
  • Chemo Caps & Turbans for Presbyterian Hospital, Matthews NC
  • Premie and Newborn Caps for Presbyterian Hospital , Matthews NC
  • Scarves For Mens Homeless Shelter
  • Operation Helmet Liner

Monday, July 14, 2008

Sample Projects From Library Books



I have completed the crochet tablecloth which I found in the book Vintage Crochet: 30 Gorgeous Designs for Home, Garden, Fashion, Gifts by Susan Cropper. I fell in love with most of the projects in this book so I ended up purchasing my own copy.

I enjoyed very much making the Picot Tablecloth. I did get a little help from a friend but once I figured out the pattern, it was not hard to memorize it. Paton's Grace mercerized yarn worked very well. One skein yielded 6 crochet squares. This yarn is available at Michaels Arts & Crafts.



One of my favorite books for projects that require one skein or less is 101 Designer One Skein Wonders. I found the blanket buddy pattern on page 207 and learned a new technique while knitting the bunny's head. To create the pocket which will be stuffed with fiberfill stuffing you will purl as follows: *P1, slip 1 purlwise; repeat from *. I recommend any type of chunky weight acrylic yarn if this buddy blanket will be given to a child to love. I used Bernat Softee Chunky.


No comments: